Monday, January 4, 2010

What if she had known?

As I sit here and look around at all the beautiful pictures of my mom, I can't help but wonder what if she had known her time on earth would end November 12, 2009? What if I had known? Would I have talked differently, lived my life differently, or made different decisions? Obviously these questions cannot be answered during this earthly life, but I do know that these pictures of mom remind myself not only how precious life can be, but what a difference we can make on this earth for the short time we are here. We don't get to know when our mission is through, but I want to live my life and each moment as though it may be my last. Serving God and people throughout my daily activities an life. I cannot begin to fathom the great amount of joy mom must be experiencing right now, sitting near God and worshiping Him. Praise God, for he understands my sadness and how it collides with my happiness too. Someday I will be there too, but for now...I remember the times of laughter, sadness, joy and love between my mom and I. She was the best! Love you mom!

In Christ Love,

Roxanne

6 comments:

  1. Hi Roxanne....I used to work with your mom and nani at Greeley. She will always have a place in my heart. There was once a county fair in which she 'borrowed' my daughter Kassidy. Kass loves horses and Sue gifted her with the horses and fair experience. It will be something my daughter will always cherish. She and Nani befriended me during a very tough time in my life and I will never forget her love and kindness. I too would like to pass it forward so to speak. If I can touch even one life like Sue touched so many, then I feel I have accomplished a lot! She has been on my mind a lot during the holiday season, and the Hawaiian Christmas song made me cry this year (remembering she and nani dancing to it). Thanks for starting this blog. I look forward to reading more.
    Love, Kerry in MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kerry for your kind words and encouragement. It is much appreciated to hear from others how they were touched by mom, no matter how big or small. Mom loved to make a difference in people's lives and I am grateful that you and your daughter were able to be a part of that. Thank you again for sharing because it reaffirms how the impact of one person can change someone else life forever! Thank you so much! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post Roxanne and what a way to cherish your mom's memory. Your mom was a special person...always there for a hug.

    I look forward to reading more and following your blog.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rox,
    I am so glad you did this.. I hope that somehow my words of encouragement helped you to do this. I am missing Sue a lot... especially over the Holidays and I really want to show her the photo we took last week that our dear Hailee appeared in. I suppose, she knows about it though... I continue to think of you! Take Care and God Bless and Keep you.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi...yes, your encouragement has inspired me to keep journaling/writing as I try to keep moving forward during this time. It is amazing to me as I think back about my mom first telling me about Hailee and your family. Who knew that someday the strength you have gained from your loss would be able to encourage and strengthen another person in pain. I surly do not wish trials upon anyone, but it is evident it brings people closer to God and helps us realize our constant need for him. If you would like to share the picture with me, I would feel honored. Even though I have only met you once, I feel like I know you and your family as if they were part of my own. Thank you so much for you concern, insight and encouragement! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I continue to think of Sue and of you Roxanne. She runs through my thoughts most days. I miss her dearly. My prayers include you, and I hope you are getting by okay. Please know I am a friend and I do understand the pain you must be feeling. Your Mom is so proud of you... she clearly was when she was here on earth and she is still now. God Bless, hug those babies of yours...

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete